I’m a bit of celebrity around the farm and on social media. My fleece is super soft and luxurious, but even more than that, I’m apparently a one-of-a-kind, perfect specimen of an alpaca! I’m also as lovable as I am handsome, so pop into Shamarra Alpacas for a tour and a pat.
Whats up with Harlequin
A glamorous damsel through and through, I’m a big fan of being groomed well ahead of a photo op (your next selfie on a farm tour). My big eyes look even better when my fleece is on fleek. And I’ve been known to wear the odd denim jacket or hat, depending on the season.
But don’t be intimidated by my flair for fashion; I’m always up for a solid cuddle like my other friends.
Whats up with Tornado
I absolutely adore wee human kiddos and alpaca babies alike! Arguably the friendliest of all the furry faces here at Shamarra, I like to get visits and snuggles year-round.
Shamarra Galactica wins New Zealand National Supreme Champion 2022 title!
Wow, what an amazing National Show 2022 we had, with Shamarra Galactica winning SUPREME HUACAYA CHAMPION, being the absolute highlight!
First up, huge accolades to Ros Scott and her team for organising and running a well organised and very enjoyable show, with special mention of her extraordinary auctioneering skills .
Also, big thanks to judges Natasha Clark and Shane Carey for judging both fleeces (218) and breed (213 or so) over 6 days. Exhibitors were treated to concise and informative critiquing of our animals.
Championship awards went to:
• National Junior Female Champion & National Mid/Dark Fawn Reserve Champion – Shamarra Aquarius (Kurrawa Legends Thrill Seeker x Shamarra Venus)
• National Junior Female Reserve Champion – Shamarra Ecstasy (Kurrawa Legends Thrill Seeker x Softfoot Shamarra Sidulla MD ET)
• National Brown Champion – Shamarra Belladonna (Silver-Stone Ice x Shamarra Donatella)
• National Intermediate Female Reserve Champion & National Light Fawn Reserve Champion – Shamarra Aloha (Kurrawa Legends Thrill Seeker x Shamarra Leilani)
• National Intermediate Male Champion, National Light Fawn Champion and SUPREME CHAMPION – SHAMARRA GALACTICA (Kurrawa Legends Thrill Seeker x Shamarra Venus ET)
• National Adult Male Champion & National Mid/Dark Fawn Champion – Shamarra Dimitri (Softfoot Shamarra Trinity SM ET x Shamarra Lolita)
• National Adult Male Reserve Champion – Shamarra Saigon (Softfoot Casstalas MD ET x Shamarra Boadicea)
• National Mid/Dark Fawn Champion Fleece – Shamarra Solace (Silver-Stone Ice x Shamarra Esprit ET)
• National Mid/Dark Fawn Reserve Champion Fleece – Shamarra Dimitri (Softfoot Shamarra Trinity SM ET x Shamarra Lolita)